I don't want to get off topic, but I thought it was important that you see when my eyes were opened to just how badly we are treated as American Citizens by our own government and the corruption it breeds.
Today I am asking you. There is not just one reason that our student loan debt is now $1.2 Trillion
and it's growing faster today than ever before. I have been using $27,500 as the average student loan debt, a new article in Wall Street Journal now states that the average debt has increased to $40,000!
Also keep in mind it took $7 Billion to elect the President and Congress the last election?
So much money that could have been put to good use to helping America. But instead was used
to tell half truths and some just out and out lies to get elected!
My idea today is borrowing the theme from David Lettermen top 10 list. Dave if I remember correctly goes backwards so I'm going to list
10) The lack of checks and balances (by both our government and schools)
9) Defaults at highest level in 2 Decades
8) Special Interest Groups and their grip on our elected officials!
7) 90/10 rule for profit schools (It's your research time you'll be amazed!)
6) The lack of disclosure on student loans
5) The principal on the student loan and appallingly high tuition cost
4) An outdated student loan system
3) Subsidized student loans
2) $7Billion to elect the President and Congress the last election (who do they represent?)
1) The # one answer................ "Corruption in our own Government"
Today I am asking you to fill in your top 10 list. Got more just keep adding!
I gave you several causes some we don't even think about! There will be 100's of reasons
Just when you think you have all reasons why...... I promise you'll think of another reason
Please use comments below also use ,G+, Facebook, anywhere and everywhere so every time
a Politician goes somewhere he is seeing a list and a list... and then a list........an still another list!
I will continue to create new posts to highlight your #10 Please go below to comment list your top
# 10 I will include your name if you like! just me your ok!
I have no hidden agenda.........My only agenda is that every child should be afforded the opportunity to an education, and the opportunity to live the........................American Dream!
Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged. That's not the place to become discouraged.
This a 1 year reinstatement of student loan Bankruptcy both Federal and State
Please sign it's just another message that changed is needed!
I am adding the top 10 from Ryan Jones
10) Student debt inhibits graduates' ability to buy a car, home, get married, or have children.
9) Tuition costs force student to pursue more "lucrative" careers, even if they don't want to.
8) College administrators are paid more, on average, than their faculty counterparts (the ones who create the actual value for the university).
7) This has been tried before in Chile, and it's failed miserably.
6) The federal government is reaping huge profits from students. This isn't justifiable, because students and their families already pay taxes to the government.
5) For-profit schools are driving up the student loan default rate; they're forcing students into debt and offer an illegitimate product.
4) Many states spend more on their prisons than on higher education.
3) Student loans are impossible for the average borrower to discharge due to bankruptcy.
2) Private lenders are insured by the government against losses incurred from a defaulted loan; the borrower is not.
1) Student loans punish you for becoming pursuing your dreams.
Post a Comment
thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!